Ozark, Home of Fort Rucker
Fort Rucker borders Ozark, with the center of post only 5 miles from the city limits. Some of the many services and opportunities available are:
- Auto Craft Center
- Bowling alley
- Library facilities include a technical library.
- Skill Development Center.
- Equestrian Center is one of the finest facilities of its kind in the Army.
- Golf is open year-round
- Information, Ticketing, and Registration Office to get information or discounts on travel and tours.
- Physical Fitness Center (PFC) with program including high and low impact and step aerobics. The Physical Fitness Center contains a full-size gym including a stage, health and fitness center, racquet ball/squash courts, locker rooms, sauna and steam rooms, and an indoor heated pool. The PFC provides an equipment checkout service, and rental programs for bicycles and lockers. Additionally, the Sport Branch offers Intramural and Post level Sports, Fitness programs. The PFC is augmented with a variety of exterior facilities to include a lighted running track, lighted tennis courts, and softball/football/soccer fields.
- Physical Fitness Center Annex. This facility contains floor and stage space for aerobic programs (low/high impact, step aerobics, body toning and body shaping), a health/fitness center (equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment) and bathroom/shower areas.
- 12 tennis courts.
- Walking trails.
- Evening college courses from various educational institutions.
Certain services are limited to military ID card holders.
Fort Rucker is home for the U.S. Army Aviation Center and the U.S. Army Warrant Officer Career Center.